Saturday, November 22, 2008

The quilt is finally finished!

Today, I finished this quilt I started in September! I took a beginning quilt class at a fabric store here in town with a friend of mine. It was so much fun and I am so excited to know how to quilt now! Next project (after Christmas) is a quilt for Kaylee's bed. I am going to use Amy Butler's free pattern for the Daisy Chain quilt. I think I will just need to add 2 rows of squares to the bottom to make it fit Kaylee's twin bed. Its made from the fabric I carry in my Etsy shop. I am going to use a different color scheme than they suggest though.


Here are the pretty mitered corners and you can also see the striped back.


I am pretty happy with it, although there are things I would do differently. I would definitely use different fabric on the doors and windows of the house. Other than that I love it and I look forward to cuddling up with it for years to come!



11 comments:

Erica said...

Wow, that looks great, Candice!! Good job!! I can't wait to see your Amy Butler quilt.. The pattern is awesome!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Your quilt is gorgeous Candice! You did a wonderful job. :)

Rhonda said...

Wow I am so impressed. Now you can teach us!

Laura Lee said...

Wow! The quilt looks great! I'm looking forward to the next one. You're turning into a real pro!

Cyndy and George said...

WOW! That is awesome. You are so talented!

The Ball Family said...

WOW! You did a great job! I wish I could make a quilt.

Moddybee said...

Umm I know nothing about quilts...I think it looks fab! It was fun hanging out with you the other night! See ya

Gaengy said...

Candice...I love your quilt. You did such a great job! I can not believe this is your first attempt! Very impressive. I love your colors!

Brittany said...

wow! i am not patient enough for that so go you! it looks amazing!

junglemama said...

Wow! You do an awesome job!

Jane Ellen said...

You are so amazing! Your quilt turned out great. It makes me want to start really sewing again.