Sunday, August 24, 2008

Christmas in August

So Cute!




I started these stockings in January. I got the fronts all pieced together, but that was as far as I got, until this weekend. I decided to take a quilting class and I thought I had better finish the stockings before I start something new, so I got them out and finished them this weekend. (No names yet. I can't decide whether to stitch their names on myself or have someone machine embroider them on.) I was so proud of myself for finishing them (and I think they did turn out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!) that I decided to make Kaylee this headband I found instructions on someone else's blog. The headband turned out great too. Love them all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you Candice, being all domestic! Go girl! What a summer. Have you started back to school yet? We did. Now if it would just cool down! Steph

The McCarthys said...

So cute, Candice! Was that a "flip and sew?" I made the same kind of stockings for my crew. They are so easy. Thanks to my mother-in-law who is a genius of a quiltmaker/sewer she helped me get these done a couple of years ago. She had all the fabric on hand (she literally has buckets and buckets and cupboards full of fabric) and we used a quilted corduory backing. They turned out really cute.

Cyndy and George said...

They are beautiful Candice! What talent you have! A few years ago I took stockings that I had purchased to Midtown Sports on Main Street to have names sewn on. They did an incredible job and it was reasonably priced too!

You have a great looking family!

Candice Edgar said...

Krista,
I have no idea what "flip and sew" means! I really don't know much about how to really sew. I just pretty much had to figure it out myself with a little guidance from my sister who made some for her fam last year.

Underwood's in Cali said...

They turned out great! Kaylee looks cute in those pics

Laura Lee said...

I'm so proud of you Candice!!! They all look so cute! I probably have a million other projects you could sew up! Hotpads to match? Let me know! You can use the pattern! hahaha